Puppy Pals Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puppy Pals Talk

puppy pals forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All about Cold Caller Guild

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XxLiquidBluexX
Admin
XxLiquidBluexX

Bones : 167

All about Cold Caller Guild Empty
PostSubject: All about Cold Caller Guild   All about Cold Caller Guild EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Our group started over 5 years ago with just one rule:
No elevator shuffling (pack on the elevator and then stay on the elevator)

That rule is based on our core belief that:
Every toon deserves a shuffle-free elevator when they go to fight the boss and so we welcome everyone and we will load with anyone, regardless of suit/laff/gags.

Boarding groups are incompatible with our core belief. We don't select who we load with, we pack and go. If our single rule based on our core belief is one that you also share, please keep on reading and see if membership in The CCG is for you.

So, what exactly is the CCG?
The CCG is a group of people that attend Boss Battles without the elevator shuffle. The reason the CCG was created was so players could go to the VP without worrying about being shuffled off the elevator. When the VP first came out you could shuffle an elevator for an hour before actually getting a group of 8 to go fight the Boss. AJshortbluehorse had an idea in February 2004 to start a group that would never shuffle off the elevator, regardless of who was on it. That group was called The Cold Callers Guild!!! There was one rule and one rule only, No Shuffling! Over the years, we have grown and have added a few guidelines in order to meet the needs of all our members. But one thing will always remain - No Shuffling!

A few guidelines:
Several guidelines have been developed over the years to encourage teamwork and make the boss experience more fun for everyone.
No <alt>-<F4>ing from the elevator unless 5 or fewer toons after the doors close
No loading the elevator until the scheduled run time. We prefer everyone stay in the pit/outside... (some can't due to lag)
The preferred VP strategy of the CCG is "Lure left/kill right".
keep chat (SF and SC+) in boss battles related to the battle
be mindful of including everyone on your team especially those without SC+
The CCG does not approve of the use of any unfriendly chat, whether it be stinky speedchat phrases used in an unfriendly way or hurtful use of SC+.
Do NOT stand directly in front of the elevator as this blocks the view of those on the elevator. We use the phrase "Rollover" to indicate that the elevator view is being blocked.
The boss cog fight is NOT the place to "work" your gags.
"Glitches" are not acceptable on CCG runs!
If you are on the loading platform it is assumed you are ready to load. If there are vacancies on the elevator, pack on. If you are not ready to load, stay on the lower floor or outside.

Once I join, is there anything else I need to do?
Yes. Members have a few additional expectations...
They are expected to ALWAYS abide by our rule & guidelines.
They are expected to post (if not done) the results of the run.
They are expected to take part in guild discussions as appropriate.
They are asked to update info on each toon periodically including suit level.

CCG Strategies used in boss battles:
In the VP Boss Battle we use a strategy of “Lure Left, Kill Right”. One person should lure the new cog that comes into the left side of the line, while the other three go for the right cog. We only take out one cog at a time, going for the right cog.
As with everything in life, there are times people will not follow this strategy, they are new to the CCG and unaware, there are no lower laff toons on the side, or maybe there is an uber that is trying to kill the strongest cog and leave the smaller cogs. Using good teamwork and speedchat, the team should be able to get through the round and move on.

Remember in the VP please use Lure Left, Kill Right “LLKR”. If you are sided with a lower laff toon, please, PLEASE, leave the sound in your gag bag.
Back to top Go down
https://puppypalstalk.forumotion.com
BorderCollie
Puppy Pal
BorderCollie

Bones : 32

PostSubject: Re: All about Cold Caller Guild   All about Cold Caller Guild EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:15 am

I'll join, where am I supposed to post about my suit and etcetera?')" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">All about Cold Caller Guild Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://Comioon ._.ng s
XxLiquidBluexX
Admin
XxLiquidBluexX

PostSubject: Re: All about Cold Caller Guild   All about Cold Caller Guild EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 am

BorderCollie wrote:
I'll join, where am I supposed to post about my suit and etcetera?')" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">All about Cold Caller Guild Icon_lol

You don't have to.

With the CCG, we allow any toons to board, member or not.
Back to top Go down
BorderCollie
Puppy Pal
BorderCollie

Bones : 32

PostSubject: Re: All about Cold Caller Guild   All about Cold Caller Guild EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:02 pm

XxLiquidBluexX wrote:
BorderCollie wrote:

You don't have to.

Oh ok, where is the schedule of the times we board?
Back to top Go down
http://Comioon ._.ng s
XxLiquidBluexX
Admin
XxLiquidBluexX

PostSubject: Re: All about Cold Caller Guild   All about Cold Caller Guild EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:18 pm

BorderCollie wrote:
XxLiquidBluexX wrote:
BorderCollie wrote:

You don't have to.

Oh ok, where is the schedule of the times we board?

There is a schedule posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about Cold Caller Guild   All about Cold Caller Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

All about Cold Caller Guild
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Puppy Pals Talk :: Guilds and Clans :: Cold Callers Guild-
Jump to: